Let's face it..!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Pardon me!

A few posts ago I said what a blessing the internet can be in someone's life (specifically mine); but it can also be a source of ridiculous information.
I would have never thought I would stoop so low as to talk about Paris Hilton, but I just couldn't resist.
A little background.
The little brat (oops.. not politically correct? oh, tough!).. I was saying: the little brat was arrested a few months ago (last September) for driving under the influence. She was sentenced to check into a rehab in the following 60 days, I believe, and her driver's license was revoked. Well, guess what? she was stopped and arrested in February for speeding (and she hadn't reported to rehab yet) and just the other day a judge sentenced her to 45 days in jail.
So far so good; it seems to me that this time the system worked.

Well. Today I read an article about her asking her fans and supporters to sign a petition to ask Governor Schwarzenneger to pardon her.

PARDON HER???
Pardon ME, but I think it is absolutely outrageous.

I'll copy bits and pieces of the article and I'll comment.

"My friend Joshua started this petition, please help and sihn it," the spellcheck-challenged Hilton wrote on her MySpace blog. "i LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!"

What bothers me the most about this request is the sleazy "I love you all".. it makes me want to puke. She loves them all? Sure she does, for whatever she needs -- attention, money and now a petition.

The petition, looking to appeal to "all fans and supporters and all that are outraged by injustice," describes Hilton as someone who "provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to [most of] our otherwise mundane lives."

O good grief!!! If the Iloveyous made me wanna puke, how do you think this makes me feel?? Do they really believe what they say? PH provides hope???? They appeal to those who are outraged by injustice??? This is injustice???? And let me go back to PH/provider of hope.. I wonder how many of the surviving students at Va-Tech looked up to her to keep going and draw strength from..

"Please allow her to return to her career and life," the petition reads. "Everyone makes mistakes. She didn't hurt or kill anyone, and she has learned her lesson...She is distraught and understandably afraid."

Be afraid, be very afraid..
Do we have to wait for her to actually hurt or kill someone before justice is applied to her? She didn't make a mistake -- she BROKE THE LAW.

"If the late Former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late Former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well, and we hope and expect The Governor will understand and grant this unusual but important request in good faith to Ms. Paris Whitney Hilton."

Here it is again.. an honest mistake. Actually a dishonest breaking of the law.

"We are of the firm opinion that Paris Hilton was, in fact, not in violation of her probation, and unaware her license was suspended. Furthermore, she was coaxed into signing a document and denied any proper alternative forms of punishment (community service, house arrest, fee penalties) for the misdeeds."
Indeed, Sauer made clear in his sentencing order, obtained by E! Online, that no alternative forms of punishment would be available to Hilton, be it work furlough, work release, electronic monitoring, weekend sentencing or city jail (which Sauer referred to in court as a "glamour slammer"). Furthermore, should Hilton not turn herself in on the court-appointed date, her sentence will be bumped up to 90 days.


Way to go Judge Sauer!!! I am tempted to start a petition to support your decision. (And by the way the "firm opinion" doesn't change the facts)

But she can count on the continued cheerleading of her once and future publicist.
Just one day after the 26-year-old's longtime mouthpiece Elliot Mintz announced that he and Hilton had parted ways in the wake of her jail sentence—for which he assumed full responsibility on the stand for not properly informing her of the terms of her probation—Mintz confirmed to E! Online's Marc Malkin that the twosome were once again back in business.


Testifying on Friday, Mintz told the court that he had misinformed his client about the terms of her probation, believing her license was suspended for just 30 days and that she could still drive for work-related matters. At the time of her bust in February, Hilton was pulled over for speeding at 11 p.m. after picking up some DVDs from the West Hollywood Virgin Megastore.

Apparently it was all her publicist's fault (who I am sure she still Iloveyou ).. he misinformed his client.. uhm.. she's 26 and she needs him to inform her of what's going on?? It looks like at first she didn't "pardon" him either for his honest mistake..

Good grief.
It makes me think of that saying that I am sure I am not quoting correctly, but it goes something like this: Better to keep quiet giving the impression of being stupid, than open your mouth and take away every doubt.
But I am afraid this is not a matter of stupidity. Or at least not PH's stupidity, because I am quite sure she'll be able to get all the signatures she's shooting for for her petition.

May she be able to give hope to the imprisoned. When she's in with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name: