Let's face it..!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Broken lives.

Two days have past since the horrible happenings at Va-Tech.
So many broken lives, including the one of the shooter.
But the lives I keep thinking about are those of his parents.

Today, my little 2 and 1/2 yr old boy woke up from his nap. It was obvious he was not done with his nap and that he had just awaken because of some congestion that made it difficult for him to breathe well. Anyway, I sat on the bed and held him in my arms. He went right back to sleep.
While I was holding him and watching his pretty face, I kept thinking of the parents of the gunman at Va-Tech. I thought of his mom. How many times did she hold her little sleeping boy in her arms and sang "I love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be"?

That young troubled man was still his mother's baby.

It is obviously extremely painful for all who have lost children, teachers, parents and friends in this tragedy.
But it is also immensely painful for this young killer's parents. They've lost their baby too. A long time before this happened. And they'll live with the added heaviness of guilt.
All of us as parents feel somewhat responsible when our child makes a mistake (the 'what if' game); how much more is this true in their case?
I am not blaming them in any way -- no parent intentionally raises up his children to kill like this. But I am pretty sure they feel the heaviness of guilt anyway, even if it's inappropriate guilt.

How sad.

May the Lord help them all.
May the Lord help us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name: