Let's face it..!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Boys will be boys.

I am always amazed at the innate difference between boys and girls.
I've been spoiled by my little girl who's been always proper and obedient. All it always took for her to obey me was to be told once, occasionally twice. When she was two we went to Italy and a friend of mine invited us for supper with some other friends. Everybody was amazed at the fact that my little girl could pretty much quietly sit at the table for - literally - two hours and calmly eat without complaining or even ask me to get down (which, by the way, I would have had no problem allowing her to do).

Life was good.

Then I had my little boy.
And things changed! Did they ever! The guy is something else! As much as Juniper was all girl, he is all boy. He likes to throw stuff; he can get punished 150 times for the same offense and turn around and do the same thing one more time! He likes to kick the ball, but also, occasionally the dog or the cat for no reason whatsoever (and, yes, he gets punished for that, too). He likes to hammer and play drums on metal lids.
The other day we were at Lowe's. We were walking in the store with him holding my hand and all of a sudden he started yelling: "Mom, mom tome loot, tome loot!!" (come look) and pulled me towards a shelf full of wrenches (or some similar metal tool); he let go of my hand, grabbed one and with the excitement I would have in front of a real italian pizza he exclaimed: "MOM!! LOOT AT THIS!!!"
He's definitely all boy.

And life is still good.

:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazy time said...

insomma, quando sara', se sara': speriamo che sia femmina :)

7:48 PM  
Blogger Moky in AZ said...

Nat, thanks so much for your comment on my blog. We see things from the same point of view, that is we actually have lived in the States more than a semester or read about what goes on here on La Repubblica (or worse, the Telegiornale).
I do hate stereotypes of any kind, I like to search for what's true. Hardly an easy task!
As for your kids, I have the opposite, a boy and 2 girls, and they are all pretty well behaved, most of times... or at times when it matters.... so just keep on working on your little tot and it will pay off when, soon, another mom will comment, when you pick him up after a playdate: "He's such a pleasure to have over!!"...
Un abbraccio, Monica

8:47 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Valeria,
speriamo che sia. Che quello che viene viene e non potrai fare che amarlo!
:-)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Moky,
he is really pretty well behaved; it's just that he's way more lively than my girl ever was, and interested in totally different things.
He challenges me in different ways than Juniper, but al in all he is not too bad. Sometimes I see other kids and I realized how blessed I am!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name: