Let's face it..!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Changing times or changing people?

I got a call from my friend Nena today. I shared with her the fact that Juniper lost her second tooth in the last few days and has a nice window in her beautiful smile ("All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth...") She shared with me a little story I think my closest friends here would appreciate, if that even explains what they'll feel. Nena works in a preschool and one of her girls lost her tooth, too. Nena asked her if she got some money from the Tooth Fairy and the little girl answered: "No. I got a pedicure" Now.. it's either Tooth Fairies are not what they used to be or there is something wrong with this picture! But, of course, it's the same school that another little boy attends and he invited all the kids in the school to his birthday party -- all 200 of them! And gave all a party favor that I remember thinking would probably cost as much as 10 of the gifts that I would normally buy (as birthday gifts, not party favors)... sorry, little A. who just turned 7, had a party today and got a plush animal/puppet we got at Wally World.. I actually thought it was pretty cute. Maybe we should have given her a spa treatment...

Perhaps those people are the "poor in spirit" Jesus talked about..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name: