Let's face it..!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Bear with me, Cindy

Considering the reaction you had to my posting of Feelings, I wonder what your reaction will be to this one.
Keep in mind I never took the time to read/listen carefully to the lyrics, so forgive me if there is something inappropriate.
Still in the 80s realm.
And by the way.. a while back I was checking something on the net about Lisa Whelchel and I happened to find a site with a bunch of tv shows made in the 80s. Well, I quickly realized that we seem to have forgotten how it was back then. "We" complain a lot about how much worse it is now on tv regarding nudity, but even back then there was a lot of skin shown, and it's almost been 30 years.. I don't know that we should use the expression "When I was your age..." ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MimmTdn9314

1 Comments:

Blogger cindy said...

Oh have you hit a soft spot!! I loved the Bangles. In fact, I probably paid no less than $200 (and those were 1986 dollars) to try to get my hair to look just like the lead singer for the Bangles in the "Manic Monday" video. I was living in Nashville at the time and I thought that the Bangles were only out ranked by Peter Gabriel (Sledgehammer.)

You know, there was more skin than I remember. I was pretty de-sensitized back in those days.

I miss big hair. When, oh when, will it be in vogue again?? (But, let's skip over that whole bowhead thing.) Come to think of it, perhaps the more natural look would be better than 10 inch dos.

I am bearing with you. If I knew how to post a video, I'd post "Would I Lie To You" by Anne Lennox. She was one of my favorites and that song was great!! The Thompson Twins, Tears for Fears, Steve Winwood, Howard Jones...am I talking your talk yet? You can call me Ms. Jackson if your nasty. ha

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name: