Let's face it..!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thanksgiving.



Weight Of The World
© Milburn/Vigoda 2000

I don't know how I got so serious
The Son* obscured by clouds in the dreariest way
And all the weight of the world
Is so holding me down

CHORUS: But I feel like the world's getting lighter today
And I feel like the Son*'s getting brighter today
And I feel if I stand and I open my eyes
I will see everything's going to be OK

I'm undersea, so deep I can't measure it
My periscope is down and the pressure is high
And all the weight of the world
Is so holding me down

CHORUS: But I feel like the world's getting lighter, I swear
And I feel I'm beginning to come up for air
And I feel if I reach for the crest of the wave
I will see every answer to every prayer

Take a step back, get off the track, contemplate the universe
World's a big ball, you're feeling small, we weren't even on it first
Don't lose control, you're feeling old, that'll only make it worse
Where you can't go on, and you can't go on,
and you can't go on, and you won't go on
And you reel...and you kneel...and you deal...and you heal

CHORUS: And I feel like the world is my oyster, my pearl
And I feel like my wings are becoming unfurled
And I feel when I'm not standing in my own way
I will see that I don't bear the weight of the world

---

*Originally "sun", changed to "Son", because that's how it applies to me right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fabioletterario said...

Can you please talk italian? :-)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Fabioletterario said...

Are you there??

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name: