Let's face it..!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

We have it all backwards.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
Isaiah 55:8

One of my uncles had Down Syndrome. My cousin's 5 year old son has Leukomalacia, a rare disease that left him severely disabled.
We think their "quality of life" doesn't measure up to ours. The fact is that, in God's eyes, they are whole persons, pure and holy. On the other hand, we who are "enlightened" are the ones who still need His intervention to sanctify us.

His thinking is not our thinking.
We look at disabilities as "dis-abilities"; God looks at them as "His-abilities".
We look at works to prove someone's worth; God looks at faith in Him.
We could never send our son to die on a cross for a bunch of sinners; He did.

We have it backwards. Only when we turn completely around we are able to meet Him.. and what a marvelous encounter that is!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)

I've met Him, and I can say with Job:

My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. (Job 42:5)


Thank you, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name: