Let's face it..!

Monday, October 30, 2006

To life!

Saturday night we went to see a production of "Fiddler on the roof". In all honesty I wasn't sure what to expect because Topol in the movie does such a great job that it is hard to imagine anybody else doing that part. But I really enjoyed it! It was very well done and it filled me with joy. A different kind of joy -- an Eastern European joy. There is something about Eastern Europe that is totally different from anything else. Maybe it's the TRADITION!, that is so lacking in the US, or maybe just a vitality and a true enjoyment for life and for people (and not a joy for accomplishments -- work, possessions, etc.) that permeates you down deep, to the bones.

Whatever it is, my Eastern European blood starts bubbling up when I hear some really fun eastern music (you'll find some of that in my previous posts).. it's like everything inside of me starts dancing.

Dance with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvr8AjT0aD0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHZFYpQ6nc

1 Comments:

Blogger gentle spirit said...

The boys and I just relived the musical, singing along with our breakfast.My German Jew roots feel this music also. Thanks for putting this on! Hope you're doing well.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name: